Powertech replaced generators, main engines and all associated pipework.
” SV Tenacious
We deliver our Mission aboard our very special tall ship, SV Tenacious. As the only tall ship in the world designed and built to be sailed by a truly mixed ability crew, this includes people with a wide variety of impairments and health conditions.
Aboard Tenacious people become deeply immersed in an inclusive sailing experience. At sea, where conditions can be unpredictable and sometimes wild, the experience is challenging and can be intense.
Diverse teams work together to sail the ship and perform tasks with real responsibilities. The adaptive design of Tenacious creates an accessible and enabling environment. Everyone is seen and treated as equal and contributes to the best of their ability.
On a JST sailing adventure, experience barriers break down, differences disappear and friendships form.
Who sails with us?
We welcome people from all walks of life. You can sail with us from age 16 upwards on a voyage. Children from as young as 12 can join us for a day sail, if accompanied by a parent or appropriate adult, making it a great day out for families, schools and groups. There is no upper age limit on either voyages or day sails. Many people who sail with us are complete sailing novices, whilst some are passionate tall ship sailors.
We aim to make a difference to the lives of all our participants, but we know that our impact is especially strong for:
– disabled people, including those with physical impairments and learning disabilities or difficulties
– those dealing with long term health issues or mental health conditions
– the lonely or socially isolated
– those dealing with significant challenges or change in their career or educational life
– people from disadvantaged backgrounds, including disadvantaged youth ”